Friday 29 April 2011

SPCA Village in Mangere, Auckland.





On occasion I am asked to photograph some of the animals who are ready for adoption at the SPCA Village in Mangere, Auckland. It’s something I do with absolute pleasure, especially as it helps the dogs I photograph find homes sooner. This is Christine Kalin, the new CEO of SPCA in Auckland, with one of the most beautiful Collies I’ve seen. The Border Collie and older Retriever are both ready for adoption and I wish them well. I take heart in humanity when I see the commitment of the people who work for the improvement of life and conditions of the animals which mostly arrive at the SPCA after being abused by their owners. The overriding message from the SPCA is that pet owners de-sex their pets to stop the increase of unwanted animals.


No comments:

Post a Comment